Thursday, November 1, 2012

We Survived!!


This was probably my favorite picture of Sandy. I had great intentions of posting all this week, but as I drove home from Florida on Sunday (13 hours in the car woohoo!) and passed about 50 cherry picker trucks heading north...


I knew things weren't going to be good. Being in FL all of last week, we didn't watch the news or talk to anybody from home. So while I knew Sandy was somewhere out there, I really only paid attention to whether or not it was going to be raining at the Magic Kingdom. (it did a little, but only sprinkles - otherwise the weather was perfect all week!)

On the drive home I start getting texts from my coworkers asking if I think we'll have to go in the next day because the government, schools, and the metro are all closed. WHAT IS GOING ON?? I went to work Monday, grabbed my computer and headed right back home. EXTENDED VACATION!!!! I managed to clear out my DVR in my 2-day Hurrication AND get some knitting done :) We did have some minor damage:


But thank God it fell in literally the only direction it could have to not hit anything. I have to admit I was a little sad our power didn't go out because I had the candles and a book at the ready!

Because of the days off, Halloween ended up being crazy. I had 3 days worth of work to do in one. Then when I got home I had to throw up as many Halloween decorations as I could since we had to take them all down for the hurricane. I had about 38 trick-or-treaters and was half way through Hocus Pocus when my power went out. A belated present from Sandy!! I went to my neighbors house for a few hours then went home and read by candle light before hitting the hay. Halloween isn't over for me yet though! I am having a party on Saturday... so time to start writing up my menu and get some more decorations out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment