Tuesday, December 18, 2012

O Tannenbaum


Decorating the Christmas tree was one of my favorite things to do growing up. Each ornament has a story - whether it's one your parents had since they were little, one you received for your first birthday, or that ever classic macaroni ornament you made in elementary school where half of the macaroni has fallen off. It's more than just making the tree look good, it's a small history of your family. Everybody has their favorite ornament. they want front and center (mine is a Hallmark "Magic" ornament called Christmas Morning with little kids sliding down the banister) and then the few that go on the back of the tree (sorry macaroni ornament.)


A few years ago I decided to paint ornaments for my coworkers for Christmas. Michael's sells plain white clay ornaments which you can then decorate how ever you'd like.


I bought a variety of acrylic paints. They have fantastic colors - even metallic and GLITTER. Once you're done painting, you spray it with an acrylic sealer to give it a nice shiny finish.


The bad thing about this project is it can be pretty time consuming. I spent days painting all of the ornaments and then became attached so I didn't want to give them away!


While I did eventually part with most of them, I held on to a few of my favorites.


What is your favorite ornament??


No comments:

Post a Comment