Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Drawing Cookies


I've mentioned Reddit Gift Exchanges in past posts. 2012 was the first year I participated and boy did I participate! (I did the Book, Doctor Who, Halloween, and Secret Santa Exchanges). Of course I made cookies for my secret santa! I feel like Reddit gift exchanges are all about the right amount of non-creepy stalking. You get your match and then go through all of their Reddit posts, and Google them to figure out the kinds of things they like. I decided to make cookies and draw pictures on them of my secret santa-ee's interests. 


I used Wilton's FoodWriter markers to draw on iced sugar cookies. Unfortunately I only had black, green, orange, pink and purple, so kinda limited what I could draw. Next time I do this I will definitely buy more colors! I also used edible Christmas decals on some of them. I'm not sure how they taste, but they sure are pretty! 


I think my favorite part about the cookies was the packaging. I took a cleaned out Pringles can and made my own label to put over top. The cookies fit in perfectly! I also added the recipe for the cookies on the back. 



If you'd like to participate in any of the Reddit exchanges, sign ups are going on now for a book exchange, a tea and coffee exchange, snacks exchange, hats and scarves exchange, socks exchange, and Pokemon exchange. It's SO FUN. More pictures of the cookies after the jump!








No comments:

Post a Comment