Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lost: Looking Back At One of the Best TV Shows of All Time


Words cannot describe how much I miss this show. For an hour every week I was transported to a magical island where I never knew what the heck was going on. First Ben is evil, then he's kinda good? Maybe just misunderstood. Kate's with Jack, no, she's with Sawyer, back with Jack. They're in the past, they're in the future, they're.... sideways? You had the Others, the Dharma Initiative, the Boaties (I love you Faraday!), the back of the plane (which I guess audiences decided was too many characters to keep track of so they literally killed all but one of them off - RIP Echo.) I sobbed like a baby during The Constant which I'm sure we can all agree was the best episode of any show ever. AMIRIGHT!?


For the series finale we had themed party. *shocker!* I dressed up as one of my favorite bad-ass characters - Juliet. I let my hair dry wavy, used a good amount of bronzer to get that "I've been living in the jungle for the past 10 years" look, even bought a toy gun to show how bad-ass I am.


No Lost party would be complete without a healthy supply of Dharma food. I found this amazing website that has labels for TONS of products. Then during lunch one day I did the whole press-the-print-button-then-sprint-to-the-copy-room-so-nobody-sees-you-printing-weird-pringles-like-labels thing at work.


Mmmmm.... This Dharma stuff tastes just like Hersey's!


And of course it wouldn't be a true Lost party without Sawyers beverage of choice. I can't believe its been a little over 2 years since we've had to say good-bye to the passengers of Oceanic flight 815. You will never be forgotten.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this.. I Cosplayed a few years back and had mints and water (which I left to spook out folk's) I think I might just dig out my old Dharma costume one last time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this.. I Cosplayed a few years back and had mints and water (which I left to spook out folk's) I think I might just dig out my old Dharma costume one last time...

    ReplyDelete