Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Musings #37


I've been marathoning Game of Thrones. I finished the first book when I was on vacation and decided that I was just going to watch the TV show from here on out. I don't have the time to sit down and read it all in one sitting, and I can't keep the characters straight when I read a few chapters a week. I am loving the show - I finished season 2 in 4 days. I wanted to include gifs from the show in this post, but I'm too afraid of what I'll find on tumblr.


I know some crazy shit goes down this season and I am both looking forward to and dreading the Red Wedding episode. I've managed to not know what happens yet, but I'm assuming it is a wedding where everyone I love is going to die.


I am constantly surprised by this story and how it makes me start rooting for the characters I hate - they all have such dimension. I think Tywin is a horrible excuse for a human being (like seriously - give Tyrion some love - he is obviously the best of all your offspring) but dammit if that man doesn't swoop in and save the day. TWICE now!


Reddit is doing a Game of Thrones gift exchange which I fully intend to participate in.  (Sign up ends July 5th) I'm happy I'll be caught up before Comic-con so I can finally understand the costumes and maybe I'll hit up their panel/get some sweet swag. Winter is coming and I'm pretty damn excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment