Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Musings #40



Last weekend I went to NYC to celebrate my parent's 35th wedding anniversary. We had a fantastic time and I got to see two AMAZING shows. Saturday night I saw Cinderella with my parents. I grew up watching the Lesley Ann Warren version on TV and LOVE the music. (I apologize to all of my coworkers because I've been singing it non-stop around the office.)


The costumes in the show are fantastic. I mean, just FANTASTIC. Cinderella's costume changes are mind blowing. I heard that the costume designer used to work for Siegfried & Roy so there's definitely a magical element.


I mean, look at that. HOW!?! (note: this was not how it happened when I watched it, her dress changes when she's still at her house, so I don't know if that was a permanent change, or temporary. It was still really cool.) This play just made me so happy. When you watch it you just get that child like sense of wonderment and really believe that anything is possible.


On Sunday I went to see Once with my friend Kristen. I was a big fan of the movie so it's definitely been on my list of shows I want to see. Of course when I heard that Arthur Darvill was in it, I knew I HAD to see it ASAP.


The show was awesome. You have to be so talented to be on Broadway in general, but I feel like you have to be extra talented to be in this show because everyone it it can sing, dance, AND play an instrument! The set is a bar and during intermission, you can walk up to order drinks! Also before the show, all the actors were just jamming on stage and they let the audience members also stand on stage to watch. It was so cool! Unfortunately we had tickets in literally the last row so we just went straight to our seats. The whole show was great.


Kristen was super patient with me after the show as me and about 30 other fans (most Whovians) waited to get our playbills signed. I even got to take a picture with AD!! IT WAS AWESOME.


If you're in NYC I highly recommend both of these shows. And if you don't have plans to go there anytime soon, then I suggest you make plans!

And just because I really love Rory Williams/Pond, here's one of him punching Hitler for the road.



No comments:

Post a Comment