Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Put a Ring on It


For these cookies I bought silver AmeriColor Amerimist Airbrush Color. I was a little apprehensive because I hadn't used the edible paint on royal icing before. I've used the gold before (on fondant for the Hunger Games Cake) and it worked out pretty well, so I was hoping for similar results on icing.


When I rolled out the dough, I used a bottle cap to indent a circle in the middle. I have a pretty steady hand, but not one that can draw a perfect circle. After they were baked and cooled, I outlined in royal icing, then went back and filled them all in. (Is it just me, or when the ring is upside down, does it look an awful lot like Kenny from South Park?)


Once the icing hardened, I painted the ring silver. The paint softened the royal icing, so you have to make sure to let it harden again after painting. I was a little worried that the paint would taste funny (I didn't eat the painted fondant because ewww fondant is gross) but you couldn't taste it at all!


I also put disco dust on the diamond for that extra SPARKLE.


When they were all done I boxed them up and they were ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment