Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wednesday Review: Sweetopia.net


Mixing it up a bit this week and reviewing another crafting blog!! Sweetopia.net is a website that features the baking creations of a woman named Marian. This woman is seriously talented - also, I'm pretty sure she's Canadian, thus furthering my love for the great country to the north.

What I like: 
·         AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME cookies. And wonderful pictures of them as well.
·         She uses a Kopykake projector to trace images onto cookies. I WANT ONE.
·         There are video tutorials and step by step instructions for many of her cookies.
·         Contests!
·         She highlights mostly cookies, but does cakes, cake pops, cupcakes, and more!
·         There are a lot of recipes included on her site - there are even gluten free options.

What I don't like:
·         Again, just from my own experience - where does one find the time/patience to do this much decorating!?!? I guess she may only do a few cookies at a time, which is a little more do-able, but still - this woman must have the patience of a saint! 

This is such a fun website to look through. Many of her cookies were featured in a book that I reviewed earlier - 1,000 Ideas for Decorating Cupcakes, Cookies & Cakes. Someday… I'll get to this level of expertise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment