Hahahaha. Get it?? A Knitting WRAPsody. This cleverly titled book by Kristin Omdahl has a lot of fun unique knits for scarves, wraps, shawls, and skirts.
What I Like:
· Knitting looks like crochet! I'm not good at crocheting. I haven't put much time into it, so I really only know how to do one stitch, and I definitely don't know how to read crochet patterns. That's where this book comes in handy. You can have the crochet look by knowing how to read knitting patterns!
· The book comes with a DVD that shows you how to do different knitting techniques. This is awesome. I think I may have mentioned in the past that I had to YouTube how to knit socks. No t that it's hard to look something up on YouTube, but here it's everything you need in one DVD.
· Each pattern has a few different pictures to show you different angles and different ways you can wear the scarf/shawl/wrap.
· Out of the 2 skirt patterns - one is a flamenco design (AWESOME) the other a Gypsy wrap skirt. I'm not really a fan of the gypsy skirt, but it can also be made into a wrap dress which looks pretty cool.
What I Don't Like:
· Some of the designs are weird - maybe you'd see them in Williamsburg, NY, but that’s about the only place. Leather-laced Raglan cape?? Let's fight evil! There are a few other designs that are basically all holes. How is that supposed to keep you warm?