This book (using that term lightly) by Sandy Scoville is really fun. It has some great projects for babies 6-18 months.
What I like:
· It's a box! That's right - the title ain't lyin'. Inside are 20 "portable project cards" that have step by step instructions on how to knit sweaters, booties, blankets, hats, & Scarves.
· The cards are colorful, with good pictures and a glossy finish. It's nice to be able to take the card out for the specific project you're working on and not worry about it getting all crumpled up.
· There are some really cute designs! There is an adorable cardigan for a little boy and this cute pixie dress for a little girl that I definitely want to make someday.
· There is an extra card that has a list of abbreviations, types of yarn to use, and a yarn conversion chart (for all those metric people?)
What I don't like:
· A few of the designs are outdated (Hello 80s!) but I think if you just change the color yarn you could easily fix that.
· There's no difficulty scale on the cards so you'll really have to read through the instructions first to make sure you'll be able to do the project. (Not that you shouldn't do that anyways)