Friday, April 27, 2012

Wednesday Review: Pinterest!




If you haven't heard of Pinterest, you need to come out of that cave you've been hiding in for the past year. Pinterest is the picture-based internet site where craft-lovers everywhere come to post ideas they've found on the internet in one convenient location and share it with their friends.  Notice a bunch of your friends are all making the same fun looking dessert? They saw it on Pinterest.What's that? Everyone at work is rocking a cute side braid? They learned how to do it on Pinterest. 

What I like:
·         Not limited to just crafty things - though that is what the bulk of my friends use it for. You can post videos, hair styles, clothes you like, recipes, nerdy pictures, comics… the list is endless.
·         Pictures! I'm a very visual learner. And if you couldn't tell already from past reviews, I like when things have good pictures. The fact that you can pin a picture of a project, idea, or just a funny meme make it easier to relocate when you want to pull it up again. Not to mention you can further organize by pinning pictures to different boards.
·         Celebrities! It's kind of like twitter - you can follow famous people's pins, and if you're facebook friends with some D list celebrities, they may even be following you on Pinterest (hey there Hal Sparks - I hope you liked my Huger Games Cake pin!)

What I don't like:
·         The search function isn't the best. Maybe I'm the one failing at this and not the actual site, but I only get what I'm looking for about 50% of the time. When I want specific ideas on what to do for bridal showers simply typing in "Bridal Shower ideas" doesn't always get you the best ones. Many of the pins are on there multiple times and a lot of them don't really relate to what I'm searching for.

So if in the extremely rare chance you don't already have a Pinterest account, I highly recommend creating one immediately. Then get in some comfy clothes and get a snack - because you'll be sucked in for hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment